Download SeoTools for Excel!
(What is this? Read more about SeoTools for Excel.)
Note! SeoTools requires the “full” Microsoft .Net framework installed.
You need the right version of SeoTools for your Excel installation or the add-in won’t work at all. Figure out if you’re using 32bit or 64bit version of Excel.
Beta versions are released on the SeoTools Forum.
SeoTools doesn’t work on Mac or Linux, Google Docs or OpenOffice. Just plain old Excel&Windows.
How much does it cost?
But if you like SeoTools, please donate a buck or two.
There’s two ways of using/installing SeoTools:
Method A: On Demand
I prever this method as I don’t add any overhead to Excel when not using SeoTools. Using this method I add SeoTools functionality every time I need it in a Excel session.
- After you’ve downloaded the correct version unzip SeoTools_X.X.zip to a directory of your choice.
- Now open a Excel spreadsheet that you want to work with.
- Then either:
- Open the SeoTools.xll (Opening XLL plugins in Excel “augments” the current session)…
- …or drag&drop SeoTools.xll directly on the Excel spreadsheet your working on. (Note that you must unzip, dragging the xll file directly from the zip file won’t work at all.)
- You now get a security message. Click the button to the left that says “Enable this add-in for this session only”.
- Now your have all SeoTools functions in your Excel environment. In your Ribbon you should see a “SeoTools” tab. Note that you must perform these steps every time you open a Excel document where your want to use the SeoTools.
Method B: Permanent Installation
You can also permanently include SeoTools in all Excel sessions by (Excel 2010): File -> Options -> Add-Ins -> Manager: Excel Add-ins + Go -> Browse -> Select SeoTools.xll.
Note that when upgrading SeoTools from an older version, you may need to remove the previous version under “Add-ins”. Just overwriting the directory isn’t enough. Double check that your get the desired version by running =SeoToolsVersion().
Problems? Checkout the Troubleshooting page.