It was a long time I released a new version of SeoTools, mostly because of the birth of my beautiful daughter Julia. But between diaper changes I’ve had some time to develop next release of SeoTools. And this time I think you will not be disappointed.
The magic happens in the new function GoogleAnalytics but as these formulas can become quite complicated, I have built a wizard that helps pick metric, dimension etc. It’s smart enough to figure out what Goal, Custom variable and Dynamic segments you’re using.
- Found a major problem with my builds making some of the cool stuff from previous release not working such as JsonPathOnUrl.
- Fixed so HtmlMeta functions can read content like “In Frida’s house there’s a lot of awesome people”. (Before “In Frida” would be returned).
- I have disabled preview for most functions (especially those with long running times) when in Excel function wizard.
- If no separator is specified in StringJoin, “” is used as the default separator
- Added support for defining HTTP authentication using urls like http://username:firstname.lastname@example.org (instead of using HttpDownloaderConfigs).
See example of this in cookbook/SeoMozUrlMetrics.xls
- Added an alias for ‘extention’ called ‘extension’ in UrlProperty. (Thanks Darroch).